Thursday, June 5, 2008

21

Please no comments on how card counting is cheating. These comments will be deleted.

"Winner winner chicken dinner." The opening line to the movie and surly this movie is a winner.
If you couldn't tell from the previews or the name the movie is about a card counting ring at MIT which consisted of a few undergraduates and their professor. Personally I found the movie fascination. I fell in love with this movie the first time I saw it. Following what was going on what somewhat easier since I already knew the basic concept of card counting and how to do it (just not at a decent speed). As not to ruin the plot I will try not to divulge too much, I think that if you only get to see one movie this year then this is your movie. The actors did a magnificent job especially the "eyes in the sky" (Laurence Fishburne aka Morpheus from the Matrix trilogy) spectacular. The little love story between Ben Campbell (Jim Sturgess) and Jill Taylor (Kate Bosworth) was in my mind unnecessary but I suppose there are those people who would only like a movie if there was some kind of romance.
In case you were not aware the movie is based on a book (Bringing Down the House, I believe this is the title) which is based on real life. If anyone would happen to know where I could obtain a copy of this book I would greatly appreciate it. This movie has spiked my interest, and if the usual trend of the book being better than the movie hold true then I am almost positive that this will be one of my top five favorite books.
-Nick

No comments: